I have been frantically working to get the past year of blog entries in a format that can be published in time for Christmas. When I realized that this year's blog book was going to be over 150 pages I got a little overwhelmed and stopped posting all together! So, here's a quick update of what we've been up to these past few weeks.
Several months ago we planned a get together with my parents in the San Francisco vicinity. At the time we didn't realize that we would be back on the east coast for Thanksgiving so it seemed like a good way to break up the long stretch from our visit in Florida in September and Christmas. It ended up working out quite well in that we drove down to Half Moon Bay with a car loaded to the brim with two kids, two adults, a dog and lots and lots of gear. We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed a nice little hiatus before embarking on the next phase of our lives. We stayed in a very whimsical house that was straight out of one of Dr. Seuss's books, Mom and I thought it was cute, Dad and Stephen thought it was weird. Ian and Brendan were just happy to have four doting adults and a place to play!
Arwen, Nate and Cole also came to join us for a night and we all went to visit Lemos' farm together. It was wonderful to see them again and fun for my parents too! The pictures are all from our visit to Lemos' Farm.
After 5 wonderful nights, Stephen, Miles and Mom got on a plane to Boston together. Miles was making the move back to the east coast first and is now officially a New England dog. He is staying with my parents until we have a place of our own. Stephen had set-up interviews at 6 different hospitals and was charged with trying to narrow down the selection to two or three sites that I would then interview at the week after Thanksgiving. And Mom had to work.
I also had to work but needed someone to watch the boys so Dad graciously agreed to make the 7 hour trip back up the coast to Crescent City with us and resume his duties as "Papa-Nanny" while I was working.
It all worked out marvelously! Miles seems to be content in his new surroundings and is finding Rudy and Major to be good playmates. Stephen successfully narrowed down the possible hospitals to just two sites in Maine (Farmington and Ellsworth). And, I got lots and lots of my work in Crescent City wrapped up before heading back east for Thanksgiving.








No comments:
Post a Comment